Waffle: a crisp batter cake baked in a waffle iron. Then inserted into one's piehole (this last sentence is mine of course.)
Waffle: to speak or to write in a wordy, vague, or indecisive manner.
This pretty much defines how this week is going. I've been feeling pretty blah lately and did not plan well with this week's grocery trip.
Goal: $75/week (or $300/month)
Actual: (gulp!) $120.85 (from two different stores)
Lessons learned and other deep thoughts:
1. Costco can be the devil. Especially to my debit card. But I still love them so.
2. Costco samples can suck you in.
3. I now have enough Kashi blueberry waffles to last me a year. Was it necessary?
4. Buying pricey ingredients to make whole wheat bread may be costing me more than just buying a loaf.
5. Is buying pricey ingredients for one recipe really worth it? Am I really going to use a whole bottle of molasses and nonfat dry milk?
6. 'Magic Pop' korean snack cakes are the bomb. For reals, they shoot out of a special machine at Giant Eagle Market District. I was overcome by emotion.
7. I went to Costco in the first place to fill a presciption that is hard to find, and once I knew they carried this certain medication, I figured I'd "pick up a few things". Not cool, not cool.
Do you struggle with maintaining your grocery budget? There are a bunch of wonderful bloggers who are taking the Project Food Budget Challenge over the next few months. To find out more, check out Emily Levenson.
Here is a list of those fabulous blogs taking part in the Food Budget. Check them out!
- Emily Levenson
- Maria Marz
- Veggie Converter
- Low Budge Veg
- Dairy-Free Cooking
- Beauty, Fitness, and Health…Oh My!
- Motor City Girl In the Steel City
- Veggie Burgher
- Baked Beans and Broccoli…Vegetarian Budgeting
- The Happy Cactus
- The Vegetarian Salmon
- Test Kitchen Tuesday
- Newly Vegan
- Always Sick and Tired
- Veggie on the Cheap