Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Soup Exchange

Recently, a friend of mine suggested the idea to have a 'soup exchange' - which is a fun way to have dinner with friends and take home several different containers of leftovers for your family. We had a wonderful time Friday night and I would do it again in a heartbeat!
Basically, each person makes a large batch of soup, you meet up and sample all the soups, then everyone takes containers home of all the different soups. You'll have leftovers for days (or you can freeze it for another occasion when you don't feel like cooking).
I made my Kickin' Chili. Another friend made French Onion Soup. My two other friends made Chicken Tortilla Soup (with tasty toppings of fresh lime, cilantro and shredded cheese), and low-fat Taco Soup!
We also had some tasty bread from Breadworks which totally complimented the soups. Yum!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks leah- we'll have to do this again!kait

Crafty P said...

what a great idea! I could eat soup everyday! I had a few yummy ones recently-need to post a couple of the recipes!

Leah the Foodie said...

Thanks Kait and Crafty for your comments! Indeed it's the perfect time of year for soup!!!