Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Toddler Meal

Lately I've been having trouble coming up with meal ideas for James. A few months ago I seemed to do well with it, but now it seems a bit of a challenge. I don't know if I'm just getting lazy or because he usually throws most of it on the floor anyway. Sigh. Sometimes I almost miss the days of giving him a bottle while I sat half-asleep watching the morning news. It just seemed easier then. Well, for awhile. I guess each stage of our child's life has it's challenges.

Over the summer, I had made a cute little plate of food for him that I was quite proud of (and of course took a picture!) For some reason, putting a smiley face on stuff makes me happy. I think restaurants should start putting smiley faces on our meals...oh wait, I guess they already do (Eat 'n Park smiley cookie anyone?)

Anyhoo...this little meal consisted of soft cooked canned asparagus, American cheese chunks, chopped up ground beef (or leftover meatloaf) topped off with a ketchup smiley face. Booyah!

No comments: