Friday, October 15, 2010

Apple Stuffing Pork Chops

This is another good one for fall when you have apples coming out your ears! I modified this slightly but I believe I found this on a Weight Watchers message board online.

Instead of apples you could also use a can of apple pie filling, whatever floats your boat. You can add a little applesauce if you like. The pork chops were purchased from Isidore Foods and they are awesome!


Apple Stuffing Pork Chops

4-6 bone-in pork chops
Box of Stove Top Stuffing pork flavor, as prepared
3-6 large apples, peeled, sliced into chunks
3 packets of Splenda (or Stevia) or a couple teaspoons of sugar (optional)

Brown chops in skillet with non-stick spray. Transfer to slow cooker (sprayed with non-stick). Cut up apples and remove skin. Saute in pan with sweetener (if you want, or butter). Prepare stuffing as directed. Lay chops in crock pot and layer stuffing and top with sauteed apples. Cook on low for 4 hours. Serves about 4-6. If you don't use pie filling, real sugar or butter the Weight Watchers points are roughly 8 pts. a serving (according to my calculations--but I could be totally off).

How 'bout them apples?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm working with Ideal Sweetener. What a delicious looking recipe! We see that you have tried Splenda. Have you tried the sugar substitute Ideal No Calorie Sweetener yet while baking or cooking? You can buy it in bags or in boxes of little packets. Visit http://bit.ly/atgBD1 for $1 off! Hope this is helpful, have a great day!

Leah the Foodie said...

I have not tried Ideal; I sort of have a love/hate relationship with artificial sweeteners...still doing my own research on them. I will have to try Ideal though. Thanks so much for the tip!