Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Just 10

Lately I've been catching the Dr. Oz Show during lunchtime (and usually while feeding James) and I'm growing to like it. On Monday, he talked about how just losing 10 pounds can make such a difference for your health and how you feel. I'm sure a lot of folks could stand to lose 10 pounds. I know I can.
I felt uncomfortable at the beach waddling down the shore with my inner thighs rubbing together - I thought I was going to start a fire!

I can't remember the last time I was able to lose 10 pounds, but the challenge offered some practical advice like to stop eating at least 3 hours before bedtime. Being a night owl and all, I have always been a major nighttime munchies person.

I also need to find something that works for me. Everybody is different in how they eat and what diet they can live with. I got away from Weight Watchers this summer when I hit a four month plateau. I also felt like I was hungry all the time even when I aimed for filling foods. It's a lot harder when you have underlying metabolic issues (but I'm certainly not excusing my behavior in the least. I still have the decision to put down the cookie. No one is putting a gun to my head!)

So what I learned from the Dr. Oz Show was that small goals really do mean something. Small steps and smaller bites!

No comments: