Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Back in the Saddle...Again

Hello peeps! Sorry it's been awhile since my last post. We've had a crazy busy week due to a family member having MAJOR by-pass surgery. But, thank the Lord, all is well! The surgery was a surprise to everyone and was another wake-up call to eat healthier and be kind to our bodies (you only get one!).

On the flip side of this, it's amazing how the stress of a family crisis will cause one (that is, yours truly) to go off the rails and indulge in stress-eating. I don't know if it is being of Italian heritage and feeling the need to feed people with large quantities of comfort food or just me and my problem pie-hole. Either way, I felt helpless waiting to hear any news after the lengthy surgery and decided the one thing I could do (besides pray) was to cook. A lot. Then go out and buy more food. And then spend thirteen dollars in baked goods at Potomac Bakery. Oopsies.

Well, by the time the surgery was completed, it was getting late and our family members were completely exhausted and emotionally spent. I don't blame them. So needless to say, yours truly probably consumed ten dollars worth of the thirteen dollars spent on baked goods! Ugh.

This is a new week, and I am back in the saddle again, trying to be mindful with eating healthy and forgoing the sweets. So readers, how do you deal with emotional eating?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I emotionally eat, but I pick foods such as bacon cheeseburger, nachos, and the like. It's contained emotional eating I suppose! Kait

Leah the Foodie said...

Bacon cheeseburgers sound good right about now...I always seem to want more food at night!