Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Sugar Blues

So I screwed up this weekend. I feel the need to share this with you because I need to be accountable to this blog and my readers (all three of you, heehee!) It was a very hectic but wonderful weekend. We had two weddings and a birthday party. I ate sweets at all three functions and enjoyed it immensely. I feel like a hypocrite now though as I write this. I guess I could have lied because besides my hubby (and my friend Cara) who would know?


I guess if I didn't stumble once in a while you all wouldn't have anything to read (ha), nor would you believe that I was human. I tend to view things in extremes, very black or white type of thinking. This has invaded every area of my life over the years. I want to learn what it is to live with gray and be total b.f.f. with moderation!


I felt a little 'off' yesterday and partly today. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with not eating sugar for 9 days and then eating a lot three days in a row. I think it messes with your head a little. I can't remember if I had sugar withdrawal symptoms when I started this whole thing, but I'm sure I did. Sugar withdrawal is a real thing. There's also a book called "Blood Sugar Blues" through Amazon.com. I think I may check it out.


Here are some positive things that I gleaned from my binge weekend:
I could've taken a to-go container of the wedding cookies but I didn't.
I could've gone back to the cookie table three or more times that night 
but I didn't.
I danced up a storm and everyone knows robot dancing burns 
more calories.
I was able to fit back into my 'little black dress' from 2007!


Well, today is a new day and I am keepin it real yo.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Small steps, Leah! You didn't take the to-go container of wedding cookies. It's all progress.

Leah the Foodie said...

Thanks JB!