Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Kim's Magic Pop: healthy Korean snack cakes!

I discovered a great find today at Giant Eagle Market District in Robinson. There was a man making what looked like kettle corn or something and a machine that was shooting out freshly-popped pita-shaped cakes. They had samples and of course I was curious (and starving). They were light, airy and DELICIOUS! They had an assortment of nut butters and other toppings to try. I chose the honey-roasted peanut butter. Yum.

The best part of this story?

Only 15 CALORIES! Zero fat, zero sugar and 4 carbs. They are made from wheat, brown rice, corn and just a touch of stevia.

This is NOT a rice cake. I've had my share of rice cakes growing up. My Mom was always dieting and rice cakes were everywhere. They taste like styrofoam. No, these things I discovered today aren't even in the same family as the rice cake.

I'm not sure what other grocery stores carry it but you can check out their website: Kim's Magic Pop

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just read your blog, i picked up a bag at the Robinson store too. all they had left at 11:00pm sunday night was plain wheat..they are awesome too! i have come to find that every "market district" carries them but the regular Giant eagles do not. - Ian