Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Born Without that 'Full' Gene...

It has been a week today since I had sugar...hooray! It wasn't easy, and it still isn't easy. I could go for a sheet cake at any given time, day or night, starving or full. I was struggling with my sweet tooth the other day and I found something that sort of satisfied me that I will share with you.

I call it "Peanut Butter Jelly Banana Time".

1 small ripe banana, cut up
2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
1 tablespoon all-fruit spread (I used Polaner All Fruit with Fiber raspberry)
Pop in the microwave for 20-30 seconds, then mix.
It tastes a little like bananas foster...warm and gooey...yum.


I have found that I will eat no matter the circumstance. I eat when I'm happy, sad, bored, stressed, not stressed, empty or full. With Weight Watchers, they tell you to try and pinpoint your emotional eating and listen to your body's signals. Well, I have determined that I was born without that stop-eating-you're-full gene!

My husband will eat an average meal and stop the minute he's full and not take one more bite even if someone offers him dessert! It's amazing and I wish I had whatever that is.
Anyhoo, when I eat, I could be bursting at the seams and if there's anything else tempting--like a dessert, etc. I will somehow have 'room' for it. I know, I'm pathetic.

Well, last night was one of those times. No, I didn't eat sweets, but I was just about finished with a late dinner when hubby called wanting to know if I wanted anything from McDonalds.
"Hmmm...." I thought, "salty french fries sound good....ooh, maybe a burger...no wait! I know! Fries and a Big Mac snack wrap!" I happily ate my 2nd dinner and finished hubby's fries, because well, he was full.

No comments: